Saturday 22 May 2010

Sleepy

I really dislike sleeping in hospital, especially when I have what must be the noisiest room on the ward!! Not impressed. I didnt get much sleep. Uncomfy bed, noisy nurses and just general hospital noise. The nurses were laughing at me at about 11.30 last night when the clock ticking was annoying me so I open my door and threw it out. They found that highly amusing....one of them said it was the funniest thing they had ever seen. I felt like saying you must have had a really boring life then!! Im moving rooms anyway. The doctor came in as I was ranting about the noise last night and also the lovely little smokers corner outside my room. They are on drips with their chemo going through and still smoking.....ARE THEY THICK!! That said at least they have a nice view is they sit outside my room. No not of me, of the fields. Although who wouldnt want to look at me lol joking!!

The smokers corner ^^^^ with no smokers right now obviously!

So what to do today??? Well im sure ill have lots of nurses in poking and prodding! The doc has already been in so I dont have that little joy to look forward to. At this minute I have a nurse making my bed...no no make that 2, and a cleaner doing her thing in the bathroom....and another nurse has just wandered in!!! They love me :D

Im very hungry right now and im intrigued as to what delights they will bring me for lunch as they didnt give me a menu yesterday...not that it makes a difference! I dont eat their nasty food anyway.... we joke about my mum bringing food in but I would starve if she didnt...thanks mum :) Its very difficult when your only allowed to eat certain things though because of the low counts, and im a fussy eater! Doesnt help matters. Good job I eat meat now though, otherwise we would be screwed!

Oh I also signed up for the Adidas Silverstone half marathon in March....might be very hard...well WILL be very hard as its hopefully going to be about 8months after transplant so ill be recovering but hey ho i like a chellenge. Mum has also signed up so expect sponsorship forms to be coming round :) also dont forget im doing the Race for life in June. I know alot of people do it and want sponsorship but remember Im on chemo and at the beginning of this year I couldnt walk so 3miles will be a chellenge for me right now :) so get sponsoring....

www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emilypierce1

Emily

1 comment:

  1. lmao - could just imagine the clock flying out of you room! hope the next room the right way around!

    ReplyDelete