Thursday 27 May 2010

Almost Home!

My counts are finally high enough for me to go home (0.71 today) so as soon as they find out whats wrong with my mouth...im outta here!! The dentist should hopefully be coming tomorrow but if not I should be allowed out on at least weekend leave so i might be out for the bank holiday. At least I can now eat what I want (in theory) and I can get out of my room for a bit.
I couldnt get to sleep again last night, not because of the pain but because of something quite insensitive someone said to me. It actually upset me quite alot but hey ho some people should know better! Once I got to sleep i was asleep untul they took blood and then I fell asleep again until the nurse rudely woke me up to be faced with about 8 doctors stood in my room (it was ward rounds but why they really need that many of them I dont know). So all within about an hour Id had the doctors in, had my toes dressed and had a bone marrow biopsy (?) done....which needless to say hurt...ALOT! However the upside to having a bone marrow is that I get gas and air which is great!!!! Makes me laugh quite alot!

Iv been reading my nail book (2 assignments to write up and send off which im going to do later) im reading a section which isnt in any assessment and quite frankly why do I need to know about the bones in the head to work on nails....i think its just stuff you need a basic knowledge of. Thankfully iv done it all in AS biology, my gym course and my ETM course so its not like im unfamiliar with it) My plan is to finish reading this section today, type up and send of my 2 assignments that I got done tonight and then Ill start my 3rd one tomorrow and hopefully get that one done too so I can have a nice break over then weekend! Im not wasting any time with it...might aswell get it all done so I can start practicing the fun practical bit!!! :D

My mum went off to get me some wotsits and skips as they melt in my mouth so it means I can actually finally eat something! But she also came back with a choc sundae and dougnuts :) Isnt she good to me!! Also some shoes so I can now go for a walk since the only ones I have tith me are flip flops and quite frankly I cant wear them with socks!! YEY

Over all...good day :)

1 comment: