Thursday 20 May 2010

1st post :-S

This is all a bit strange...how are you supposed to start writing these things?? I guess you should know a bit about me first.
I'm Emily and im 18 years old up until June 25th (next month :-D yey). I have far too much time on my hands right now as im in and out (mostly in) of Castle Hill Hospital. In September last year I was diagnosed with leukemia and im waiting for a bone marrow transplant. Its a very long story, so to cut it short in November I got relly ill and ended up in ICU for 5 days. I think it was 5 days but then again I cant really remember any of that so I could be wrong. Anyways after alot of complications Im feeling alot better now! Im having more chemo now to get the leukemia down again before transplant but seem to be tolerating this better then the last ones (touch wood). So now im just getting very bored of waiting...theres alot of that in hospital it seems!
Normally to pass the time I like internet shopping but turns out i spend far too much money when i do that :S so im going to start boring people with this blog :) Iv been doing the next best thing from shopping today...making stuff. A skirt that is. I had a really old dress from primark that I was going to get rid of but instead of sending it away Iv recycled it to make quite a cool skirt. I need to start doing that with my old things instead of shopping!!! We have about 7 bags of old things for charity shop so ill just start cutting them up and using all the fabric I got from college last year (I was doing fashion before I got ill). I love to make things but get a bit distracted sometimes. Ho hum.
Hope the first post wasnt too boring....bye for now x

2 comments:

  1. Well done hun. Who's to say what the right an wrong way is to do one of these blogs? after all its yours isnt it?.
    Not boring by far. & a good way of getting it all out on some days when things seem bad.
    Great start.
    p.s, i wanna see a pic on fb of the skirt you have made ;)

    Char x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may mock the big bag of food, but I didn't bring supplies you would atarve in hospital because you won't eat their rubbish! And the layout of the room - just wrong....just you wait til the middle of the night when you are looking for the bathroom in a daze and walk into the fridge (or Barbara raiding your tuck shop)!

    ReplyDelete