Tuesday 25 May 2010

Cross your fingers

Well I still dont have my neutrophil count for yesterday as they only had the prelim results, however my white cell count is looking promising. They have gone from 0.5 to 0.8 and normally when they go up so do my neuts. So keep your fingers crossed for today.
However I now have other problems. As I said about yesterday I have a very bad pain in my mouth. Yesterday it seemed to be under control with just paracetamol but last night it was just getting worse and worse. Unfortunately I had a nurse who just seemed a bit annoyed that I was making her work. The pain kept waking me up so I didnt get alot of sleep. This morning however I have a nice nurse (who apparently turned up and she shouldnt have even been working...oops) but either way it works for me. She has asked the doctor to prescribe some kind of pain killer that works on nerve pain....or something along them lines. Im still very tired so I just nod and smile (as best you can with a swollen mouth). The newest doctor (Charlie I think) has been in and is talking to Emma (who is a little crazy but really nice) she has just been in and has just gone to find something *shrugs* so hopefully they will be able to find something to help.

Although im in pain im quite excited! My stuff for the course I enroled on yesterday should be coming today....im not really sure what there will be in the package but im quite excited about it! It gives me something to do and get fired up about again that I can actually do in hospital. There is some theory involved aswell so might make my brain start working again. My grandma is also very excited about my new venture....not entirely sure why. I think its just because she has an excuse to get her nails done daily. So im sure an undate will be coming when i get that through :D

Emma has been back and had a look in my mouth. She said it could be that there is some inflamation from a wisdom tooth and im chewing on it....not literally but something like that. So will just have to see what the dentist says.

No comments:

Post a Comment