Thursday 24 June 2010

Looking up

Well I know I havent blogged for quite a while but to be fair iv been quite ill again so really havent had any energy.
After I went home on Tuesday after spending all day at the hospital feeling crap it only really got worse. I had really severe pain all over...muscles and bones. It was not nice. I just generally felt pretty bad. So on Wednesday lunch my mum came home from work and brought me back into hospital where they gave me some form of morphine...Emma had written me up for 5mg but only wanted them to give me 2.5 to start with. The nurse not believing in doing things by half (a woman after my own heart) gave the whole 5 in one go so I felt a little spaced out after that!! Was alot of fun :) not a good as the gas and air though! Anyway that still didnt really help the pain and they eventually decided it was probably a virus of some sort. They took swabs and bloods and such and said I would probably spike a temp at some point...which i did, at half past 2 in the morning. Earlier that night Id also randomly thrown up even after they had put antisickness drugs down my line. But when I hadnt eaten in days there was not alot to come up so that was mostly just painful! So after seeing the on call house doctor (who didnt say alot or write in my notes at all) I was on antibiotics and iv fluids had a chest xray and all the normal stuff. Once the fluids went up I started feeling better. Now the overall pain has gone but they have started me on injections to try and boost my bone marrow called GCSF. They stimulate bone marrow so causes alot of bone pain. My back is very painful but they are giving me a combo of iv paracetamol, oramorph and tramadol. It doesnt go away even with all of them but it eases slightly. And means im very sleepy and keep falling asleep... not a bad thing when I went for a few days with no sleep to speak of so im just catching up now. Im also very sore to touch so every time I move it hurts my muscles.
The injections seem to be working though as yesterday (wed) I had 0.2 neutraphils so hopefully today when the docs come they will have gone up more and they will let me out tomorrow as its my BIRTHDAY!! YEY It would just be nice to spend even some of the day at home and have tea with my family not nasty hospital food.

Iv also sent off my second nail assessment...thats been slightly put on hold until im feeling better as I cant really sit up very well without my back hurting. Im writing this now sort of half sat half lying down and its really hurting....so on that note I will update later :)

1 comment: