Tuesday 8 June 2010

Ask me for directions...if you dare!!!

Havent posted anything in a few days...iv been out and about doing stuff.
On Friday my mum and me went for a ride out to Castle Howard. It was very warm so I had to be careful not to burn. It was also very warm wearing my hat so that wasnt good. Also, in my infinate wisdom I decided it would be a very good idea to fall over on some concrete steps. I grazed my arm :( and it very much hurt. So that wasnt very good either but other then that it was a nice day and I got to do a little shopping which always cheers me up. Heres some pics of castle howard....


The map that I should have been following but im not good at directions!


Some ducks in the fountain


The BACK of the house...wish ours was like that!!!



On Saturday my mum and me went for a 3 mile walk (as were doing the race for life on June 27th... www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emilypierce1 if you want to sponsor me) I was very pleased that i managed it given circumstances.
I then went for a nice little jolly out with Millson in the afternoon (she was ON TIME...omg) so did some more walking in Beverley and went to Cott for an ice cream...She has gone to America for a whole month so I will be missing her :(
On saturday night I stayed at Pauls as we were going to Goole for a karate competition on the Sunday. I wasnt competing dont worry!! Everyone did well and it finished pretty early so it wasnt a really long day like normal.
Yesterday (Monday) I walked to the gym and did a session, I then had a review and went for a manicure. I spent pretty much all day there so it felt a little like old times even if I couldnt train as much as I wanted!
I was not impressed with clinic today...got to go in for more chemo tomorrow so there is a chance i may be in for my birthday (and the day im doing the race for life) I refuse though so ill just escape. No matter how much people try and make it nice in hospital its not going to happen!!!!
So iv been at home all day sulking! But I did find some really cute vintage stores online...i may have ordered a couple of pieces of jewellery but i didnt spend much so ill let you know what they are like when they arrive :)

2 comments:

  1. This does not reflect accurately the mood of today! "Sulking"?!!? Just a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    Your post yesterday made me both sad and smiley. Firstly I’m sad about the darn chemo. I hope with everything I have that you can break free. If you need a good pair of bar cutters I am so there!

    Smiley because directly after your mini rant at maybe having to stay in hospital you add "but I did find some cute vintage stores on line" lmao! That’s it girl, don’t let this get you down (I know easier said than done). Shopping is ALWAYS a good past time to make a bad day disappear :)

    & has anyone told you that you take fantastic photos? You really should try and do something in that area, your pics are lovely.

    I hope the chemo today has gone as well as it can do.

    Thinking of you
    Char xx

    ReplyDelete