Monday 28 June 2010

Birthday fun and sunday challenge




Well I did manage to be out for my birthday!! I was determined and stubborn (as my docs told me). At ward rounds on thursday they told me I could go home as my counts had jumped right up. I had to wait to have a bag of platelets just to make sure I was topped up over the weekend. So after I was told at 10.30 I could go I finally got out at 7.15 on the night. Well what more did I expect really?? But at least I was home for Friday and that was the main thing!


On friday I managed to wake up nice early as I have been for the past week. So at about 5.30 I got up and opened my presents. :) I got a very nice Thomas Sabo charm bracelet and some charms. I got 2 from my mum and 2 from my grandma....and then kept recieving them through out the day ( I ended up with 11 on friday night) I also got a very nice jewellery box from my mum that matched a box I already have to keep random bits and bobs in. Alot of cards from hospital and such of the like.


We then went into Beverley to pick up some decorations my mum had ordered to brighten my hospital room up incase I was in but since I wasnt they decorated the lounge quite nicely! Banner, balloons and starry hanging things :D


Also had a Thorntons mint ice cream and changed my bracelet for a bigger one because apparently I have fatter wrists then my mum thought! Oh well. Me and mum then took a drive to the hospital to drop off some mini cupcakes for the nurses...was very nice to be able to walk in and straight back out again!!!!! And the cakes seemed to go down rather well!


I had quite a few visitors throughout the day and since im still on pain killers which make me drowsy was fighting to stay awake by tea time. So we didnt go out for tea like we normally would have we got La Scala take away instead for a nice little treat.


On saturday me and Paul took a trip into Beverley and did quite alot of walking. Since I havent walked alot in about a week because of the virus and been in alot on pain my feet are now really hating me and all the little muscles hurt :( but it was a very nice day and I took my charm count up to 12 since Paul bought me another charm...and another Thorntons mint ice cream :D


So this is what my bracelet looks like now...

We went out on Saturday night for tea...to somewhere which the name I forget. An Italian near Hessle Foreshore...it was very nice but since I went for a few days without eating I struggled somewhat to finish my spag bol. Was still very nice!!!!

I had a nice little challenge lined up for sunday. The race for life in brid. On the hottest day of the year when last week I could hardly stand up I was in so much pain. But so as not to let myself down I was damn well doing it and finishing! So me, my mum, olivia (my friend) and Paul set off for brid. I was quite impressed that it took me till half way round the nice hilly course to start feeling crap but as usual i did it in style. I decided quite quickly that I needed to be sick so that I did, had a nice little sit down and drink and set off again. After that I had a few sit downs and drink and a very nice lady gave me her pink sparkly hat so my head didnt get burnt! Im very proud that I managed to finish with a reasonable time of one hour and 15 mins. Considering 6months ago I couldnt walk and after last week I am very pleased with that! And I wasnt last! yey

My feet dont hurt any more for doing it but when I told my doc this morning I thought she was going to kill me...but hey ho

So I was very tired after that, slept on the way home, soaked my feet, went to cott parks for tea and sat outside away from the flies and had a relatively early night!

I had to get up this morning for a lung function test at 9 am then to the ward for a bone marrow biopsy...gas and air is a great thing!!! A lady then came to see me for my opinion on some decoration for their new teenage ward (basically 4 rooms in a corridor between ward 32 and ward 33) so after talking to her and putting green stickers on what I liked and red stickers on what I didnt we came home.

So quite an eventful weekend all in all...and quite tiring!! but good and I dont have to go back to hospital until next tuesday...good times :)

2 comments:

  1. Good times indeed. I bet next time i see you, you'll have a huge bicep on the arm you wear your new (gorgeous) bracelet on -esp. with some of them heavier charms ;-)

    Thornton's do Icecream?! Why did i not know about this?

    Congratulations again on the Race for Life, absolutely brillaint. Nobody can stop you, especially if they say you can't or shouldn't do it! lolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Emily,

    Just checking in on you. I see you havnt been on in a few days. Just wanted you to know that im thinking of you and hoping that some good news comes your way real soon. Take care of you.

    All my love
    Char xxxx

    ReplyDelete